skip to main content

Finding somewhere to live

In this section:

Housing association homes - rent a property from a housing association.

Local authority housing - how to apply for council housing.

Private renting - rent a property from a private landlord.

Supported living- housing for people with learning disabilities and people with physical disabilities.

Shared Lives - a scheme that helps people who find it hard to live on their own.

Sheltered housing - for people over 55, who want to live on their own but need some support.

Independent Living (also known as Extra care housing) - for people over 55 with at least 6 hour of care and support needs.

Homelessness - get advice and support if you're at risk of becoming homeless.

rating button