skip to main content

Adult social care: get help from Essex County Council

If you are finding it difficult to look after yourself and manage everyday tasks, you can contact Essex County Council to discuss your care and support needs. The discussion will identify:

  • if you need care and support 
  • the level of care and support you need 
  • how these could be met

If you are assessed to have eligible needs for social care and support, an adult social care worker will agree a care and support plan with you. The plan gives details of:

  • how your support will be provided
  • how much it costs
  • who will be paying for it

If you are not eligible for support, Essex County Council will tell you about organisations that can help you.

Contact Essex County Council

To have a discussion about your care and support needs, contact Essex County Council Adult Social Care:

Telephone: 0345 603 7630
Text phone: 0345 758 5592

Carer's assessment

If a friend or a relative is looking after you and is not getting paid for it, they can have a carer's assessment to see what support is available to help them in their caring role.

Find out more information about carer's assessment.

Related content

Visit Essex County Council for information and guidance on paying for care and support.

Read the Care and support statutory guidance on GOV.UK.

rating button