On 17th May residential and nursing care providers attended the Mid Provider Forum at Hampton Sports and Leisure Centre in Chelmsford hosted by Essex County Council.
The provider forums are primarily aimed at care managers and care workers and give an opportunity for the Directors of Local Delivery to explore the implementation and operationalisation of key issues and initiatives affecting care providers, as well as seeking feedback and ideas on what needs to improve from providers. They are held quarterly on a quadrant basis and are open to all providers. Officers from the county council, as well as key partner organisations, will attend. Over time it is hoped providers will work more closely with the Directors of Local Delivery to shape the agenda for these events.
Items covered included:
- An update on the additional social care monies to be received and what this means for Essex.
- An update on the Integrated Residential and Nursing Framework contract.
- Information about the new integrated pathway for Health and Social care discharges from hospital.
- A demonstration of the Care Provider Information Hub and an opportunity for providers to provide feedback.
- Information about the Braintree Neighbourhood Hub being led jointly by Adult Social Care and Provide.
The full presentation can be downloaded here.
Last Updated: 24 October 2017