This page is a list of upcoming events and events which happen on a regular basis.
- Autism Anglia are running a Social Group in Colchester for adults with Asperger's. The group runs on the first Wednesday of every month.
- The Spectrum Parents Support Group meets monthly on a Wednesday from 10am to 12pm at Quaker Meeting House, 6 Church Street, Colchester. Spectrum is run by experienced parents and welcomes other parents of people with autism to share their experiences and learn new strategies. Refreshments are provided, but their is no space for children at these meetings. Go onto their Facebook page to find out more information.
- The Inclusion Project is a service for people with Learning Disabilities and Autism. The aim is to help people to integrate into social settings, where they can take part in activities, learn new life skills and gain independence. Costs can be paid via Direct Payment or Personal Budget. There is a short video that explains how the project has boosted the confidence of participants. The Inclusion Project is now running in the West Essex areas of Harlow, Chelmsford, Great Dunmow, Chipping Ongar and the Uttlesford District. Further details can be found on their website.
- The Essex Short Breaks programme enables children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND), and their families to take part in inclusive activities. Short Breaks give children and young people the chance to do fun and different activities to help build their confidence and independence. They also allow family members/carers the opportunity to have a break from their normal caring routine.
- PARC (Essex) is a play and resource centre for children and young with additional needs and disabilities as well as their families. They run Family Activity Clubs for under 5's during term time, After School Clubs, a Youth Club, Saturday Clubs, a Sunday Family Activity Club and Holiday Clubs. Visit their website for more information.
Other information and advice
There are more events listed on the Essex Local Offer on their events page. The Local Offer is a resource site for SEND (Special Education Needs and Disabilities) children and young adults under 25 years. It lists schools, support groups and advice for young people with learning disabilities.
SNAP (Special Needs and Parents) is a registered charity that supports families of children and young adults with disabilities living in Essex. The SNAP charity host a range of support services and activities for children and young people aged 0-25 years.
SAFE (Supporting Aspergers Families in Essex) campaigns for a better understanding of Aspergers Syndrome and supports children, adults and families living with Aspergers Syndrome across Essex. View their latest video* on their Facebook page
*This film was made with the generous support of Blatella Films and I Am Emily Design & Marketing.
The Novel Coffee Shop at 98 London Road, Southend is run by Southend Mencap and trained volunteers. they offer drinks, cakes and a lunchtime menu. They also offer training and work placement opportunities for adults with learning disabilities. Open 7 days a week.
If you would like to list an event on this page, simply contact us by e-mail.
Navigate the site