What is the Covid19 Response Fund (CRF)?
Essex Care Providers can access funding through the COVID-19 Response Fund for additional expenses incurred due to COVID-19. Care providers include CQC registered residential, live at home, supported living services and day opportunities that have Essex County Council funded service users.
How has the fund been calculated?
This funding is calculated on 10% of anticipated spend between 01 April 2021 and 31 March 2022. This excludes any grants or Covid19 Response funds.. This will be the maximum that you can claim from ECC over the whole scheme
When does the scheme run?
The scheme is running from 01 April 2021 until 31 March 2022 inclusive.
Please note all claims submitted after 06 April 2021 for expenditure incurred up to 31 March 2021 will be taken from your new budget
What can I claim for?
Eligible costs will be determined on a case by case basis with justification provided as to why the additional costs were incurred due to COVID-19. A non-exhaustive list of items that are in and out of scope can be found in this document detailing eligible and ineligible costs.
How do I access funding?
1) Download a claim form which you can find here - claims form
2) Complete tab 1. This asks for details regarding the provider, the employee completing the form and a list of disclaimers. We can only accept claims that answer 'yes' to all disclaimers.
3) Complete tab 2. Expenses incurred. Please complete all columns B-J making sure that ALL EVIDENCE is included before the form is submitted. Evidence includes copies of invoices, receipts or redacted payroll information relating to all items in the claim.
4) Submit the claim form and supporting documents to email: Covid19ResponseFunding@essex.gov.uk.
5) A member of the Covid19 Response Fund team will advise you of a claim reference number. Once the team have successfully processed your claim, a copy will be returned to you detailing (if any) deductions/non eligible items in column K.
6) Once we have returned a copy of the claim form to you, payment should reach your account within 5 working days.
Only one claim will be accepted per supplier per month. Please ensure that you follow the completion guidance detailed above to mitigate the need for extensive clarification by the Council. If you have any questions regarding this claims process, please contact the COVID-19 Response Fund Team via: Covid19ResponseFunding@essex.gov.uk
Last Updated: 16 April 2021