skip to main content

Disability benefits

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment is for people aged 16 to 64 who have a long term illness or disability. It is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people in this age group.

Find out more about Personal Independence Payment on GOV.UK.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

If you have an illness or disability that affects your ability to work, you may be entitled to Employment Support Allowance.

Find out more about Employment and Support Allowance on GOV.UK.

Attendance Allowance

You might be able to claim Attendance Allowance if you are aged 65 and over, and have a disability severe enough that you need someone else to help you.

Find out more about Attendance Allowance on GOV.UK.

Other disability benefits

See a list of carers and disability benefits on GOV.UK.

There are also Council Tax discounts for disabled people and live-in carers.

Looking after someone

You might be eligible for carer benefits if you are looking after someone with an illness or disability.

You can also visit CarersUK for help and advice on benefits and finances.

Related content

Paying for care

Looking after someone

Independent financial advice

rating button