skip to main content


Summary: here you will find out what constitutes a safeguarding concern, how to raise a safeguard and where to go for status / outcomes.


Fiona Davis, Director of Safeguarding and Quality Assurance


How do I know if my concern is a safeguard?

Please refer to ECC's Safeguarding Adults Decision Support Guidance. Here you will find examples of when, and when not, to raise a safeguarding concern. However, the list is not exhaustive therefore should you need advice you can call the Organisational Safeguarding Duty line on 033301 39032 or email


How do I raise a safeguard?


Essex - 0345 6037630 (out of hours 0345 606 1212)

Southend - 01702 215008                                                                           

Thurrock - 01375 511000

OR complete a Safeguarding Adult Concern Form (previously SETSAF)

You can also speak to the Adult's allocated social worker if known.

Further information:


How do I find out the status / outcome of an existing safeguard?

Social workers and their teams are responsible for individual safeguards and should contact you at point of referral. Please contact them to discuss the outcome of the individual concern raised. 


Further Information 

Essex Safeguarding Adults Board - Quarterly Safeguarding Forums


rating button