skip to main content

Staying safe

For members of the public:

Concerned about the safety of an adult? Please call Social Care Direct on 0345 603 7630

Concerned about the safety of a child? Please call the Essex Childrens Safeguarding Board (ESCB) on 0345 603 7627.

Where the abuse is also a crime - such as assault, racial harassment, rape or theft - call the local police non-emergency number on 101.

If you believe someone is in immediate danger, dial 999.

If you cannot make voice calls, you can now contact the 999 emergency services by SMS text from your mobile phone. However, you will only be able to use this service if you have registered with emergencySMS first. See the emergencySMS website for details. 

For professionals:

Concerned about the safety of an adultClick here to access the SETSAF form

Concerned about the safety of a childClick here to access the Family Operations Hub and Child  Safeguarding RFS Request for Support form. You will find contact details on the forms.

Other information and advice

Click on the links on the left to find more information.

Contact Healthwatch Essex

HW Essex 300 

Healthwatch Essex is an independent voice for the people of Essex.

Contact their Information Service to find out about:

  • Health and care services near to you
  • How to access the support and advice you need
  • What to do if you have a concern or complaint
  • How to share feedback about services

Telephone: 0300 500 1895

Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

rating button